Who are we?
Czech Guide Dog School is:
- A part of Czech
Blind United – the mission of this organization is to associate
and safeguard interests of the unseeing and other vision-impaired citizens,
and also to offer factual services to integrate them into society.
- A member of The
International Guide Dog Federation, based in Great Britain with
the scope of activity in all advanced countries around the world. This
organization was created with the task of setting and maintaining the
high standards of not only training and raising guide dogs but above
all, helping and caring for their vision-impaired clients. This organization
rewarded and has mentioned our top-notch institution on the worldwide
scale. Czech Blind United, Czech Guide Dog School has been a fully participating
member of this organization since 1997.
- A professional working environment dealing with:
- the training of guide dogs as guides for vision-impaired people
- theoretical and practical preparation of applicants for taking over and using a dog
- a professional handover of the guide dog , practice of the couple the unseeing person – the dog
- help in all troubles arising from the guide dog usage during the whole its active service